On this page
Are you adventurous and keen to explore the world? Would you like to experience another culture and continue your studies at the same time?
You can take part in the Outward Mobility Program.
With international study tours, overseas internships and over 2,500 international students from over 75 countries studying along-side local students, Sydney TAFE really values global connections and perspectives.
Our training, education and learning experiences prepare you for success in a global environment.
Participating in a Going Global study tour will expose you to international events , connect you to industry professionals, and help you gain a global and far-reaching perspective on your future career.
Our tours provide an opportunity to learn industry best practice and current trends through practical workshops and demonstrations in an international context. Participating in a study tour is an amazing way to get the best out of your study and your career.
All study tours are tailored to your course, run from two to three weeks in duration with a small group of 10 participants.
Check out some of our recent tours.
Optical dispensing students assisted with vision screening of 3500 people at eye camps in rural locations across Nepal
Fashion Technology students visited artisans and manufacturers to learn about ethical production
- Business students undertook an international business internship in Jakarta.
- Animal Science students completed workshops in primate care in Kalimantan.
Floristry students assisted a leading floral designer with an installation at the Chelsea Flower Show.
- Visual merchandising students visited New York to attend the Retail Design Collective conference and worked alongside US students on an installation at the Planning and Visual Education Partnership Gala.
- Hospitality students completed work placement at the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism students explored a Korean perspective on their industry through work placement, attending fairs and industry visits.
- Fashion Technology students experienced how fabric and garments are manufactured in China through visiting textile and garment production facilities.
- Fashion Business and Merchandising students attended a trade show and met with key international textile suppliers and apparel manufacturing supply chains.
- Hospitality Management students completed work placement and attended an international hospitality exhibition.
Beauty therapy students completed product workshops and explored a range of traditional beauty therapy techniques.
Hairdressing students learnt the latest trends through practical workshops and attended an international Cosmoprof exhibition.
Vietnam and Cambodia
Travel and Tourism students developed their product knowledge by visiting key tourist locations and undertaking cultural activities.
Early Childhood Education students attended the Asia Pacific OMEP Regional Conference and visited kindergartens which showcase sustainable practices and learning in natural settings.
See study tour destinations (PDF) on a map.
Read about a life changing experience for our Animal Science students in remote Kalimantan, Indonesia.
If you’re heading to another country, your experience will be much richer if you’ve learned to speak the language first. A language course at Sydney TAFE will also immerse you in the fascinating customs and culture of another way of life.
Of course, learning a different language is not just for overseas travellers. You may want to gain a greater appreciation of your heritage, speak with friends from other countries, or you may simply enjoy the intellectual stimulation of learning another way to communicate.
We teach 10 popular Asian and European languages, including Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Italian. Classes are offered on week nights and weekends at our central Ultimo College. You can study a nationally-accredited program at beginner's level through to advanced level.
Every year Sydney TAFE accepts over 2,500 international students from over 75 countries to study at one of our seven campus locations. This provides all Sydney TAFE students with the opportunity for cross-cultural learning and to develop a global perspective.
Each Sydney TAFE college offers a range of opportunities such as:
- Fee-HELP and VET Fee-HELP
- Workplace learning and industry connections
- Job search and preparation service
Learn more about the opportunities we offer - look under 'Services and support' at your college.