Take our Career Quiz and find out your course to the future!
Career and course counselling
Choosing the wrong course for your needs could result in a waste of time and money. We can help you choose the right course.
On this page
If you are thinking of enrolling at Sydney TAFE, our counsellors can help you with:
- Making good course choices
- Planning your career and re-training
- How to apply for credit to gain entry to a course or reduce the time spent finishing a course
- Other concerns or questions about returning to study.
This confidential service is offered free-of-charge to help you choose the right study or training pathway.
- Sydney TAFE Counsellors (including bilingual counsellors) are situated across all seven colleges — only TAFE can provide this level of support.
- Our counsellors offer expert career guidance – they can help you choose the right course, succeed in your course and achieve your goals.
- All our counsellors are highly-qualified: eligibility for registration as a Psychologist is a position requirement — they offer professional help with concerns affecting your study.
Phone, email or visit between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Sydney TAFE has seven colleges across the Sydney region — contact the counselling service at your college:
Design Centre Enmore
Location: Building B, room B1.05
Ph: 02 9394 5710
Location: Room G.15
Ph: 02 9217 4874
St George College
Location: Building A, room AG.17
Ph: 02 9598 6232
Petersham College - Crystal Street
Crystal Street Campus
Location: Building C, first floor
Ph: 02 9335 2575 or 02 9335 2568
Location: Building A, second floor
Ph: 02 9469 8546
Sutherland College - Gymea Campus
Location: Building A, first floor
Ph: 02 9710 5110 or 02 9710 5111
Sutherland College - Loftus Campus
Location: Building G, first floor, room G.14
Ph: 02 9710 5817 or 02 9710 5882
Location: Building D, fourth floor
Ph: 02 9217 3238