Download the latest International Student Guide
Support and counselling
International students at Sydney TAFE have access to a range of support services and counselling.
On this page
Sydney TAFE international coordinators are appointed at every campus to look after your needs, from orientation right through to graduation. They are your first point of contact for any problems or assistance you might require such as:
- Adjusting to living and studying in Australia
- How to cope with your studies
- Intervention strategies to achieve satisfactory course progress
- Access to other support services both within our campus or in the community.
Counsellors are available at all Sydney TAFE campuses to assist students achieve their goals by providing support in a range of areas. The service is free and confidential and may include:
- Career counselling
- Counselling about study difficulties
- Counselling about personal matters such as relationship problems, homesickness, health issues and any other emergencies
- Referral to other support systems where required
Some counsellors speak more than one language and interpreters can be organised if required.
Every international student receives free Student Association membership and can assess all services and amenities offered by Sydney TAFE Student Association. Member benefits include:
- Free Careers Connect Service
- Welcome pack with student diary, discount vouchers and samples
- Discounts on textbooks, stationery and course materials
- Common rooms with televisions, kitchens, microwaves
- Discount parking, locker hire, gym membership
- Discount photocopying and printing, binding, laminating and faxing at most colleges
Student Association also organises free barbecues and entertainment throughout the year so that you can meet other students, international and Australians.
Our CRICOS Provider Code is 00591E and CRICOS Provider Name is TAFE NSW - Technical & Further Education Commission.