Download the latest International Student Guide
Rights and responsibilities
The Australian Government wants international students to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding study experience in Australia.
Australia is one of the few countries to enact laws to ensure quality education and consumer protection. These laws are known as the ESOS Framework and include the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code 2007.
The ESOS Act requires that all institutions that provide training to international students must be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registration guarantees that the course and the education provider where you study meet high standards necessary for overseas students.
The TAFE NSW – Sydney TAFE provider code on CRICOS is 00591E. All our programs and courses offered to international students are also registered on CRICOS.
Information for students documents and forms
- The Department of Education–DIBP course progress policy
- TAFE NSW Course Progress Policy
- TAFE NSW Course Progress Policy Flowchart
- TAFE NSW Higher Education Student Progression, Exclusion and Graduation Procedures
- Intervention Strategy - Learning Agreement
- Request for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) form
- Suspending a Student Enrolment
- Request for Suspension (leave of absence) form
- Request for Extension of Study form
- Complaints and Appeals
- Internal Appeals Process
- Request for Transfer College form - for continuing students only
- Request for Change Course or College after eCOE issue within the same semester
- Guidelines and Procedures for Transfer of Education Providers
- Request for Transfer Education Provider form
- Request for Cancel Enrolment form
- Request for Refund form - for Certificate to Diploma courses only
- Request for Refund form - for Degree courses only
For further information please refer to the ESOS Framework website.
Our CRICOS Provider Code is 00591E and CRICOS Provider Name is TAFE NSW - Technical & Further Education Commission