Gymea TAFE library offers orientation tours and a number of workshops for groups and individuals.
On this page
Library orientation tours provide an overview of the services and facilities provided by your Sydney TAFE library. These tours will help you to use the library more efficiently and act as a starting point for finding resources relevant to your course.
Information literacy workshops detail the six steps in research and can be tailored to individual topics. These workshops are delivered in consultation with teaching staff and cover:
- Defining your search topic
- Locating sources of information
- Selecting appropriate sources of information
- Organising your information
- Presenting your information
- Assessing your information
- Basic and advanced search techniques
- What is the ‘hidden’ web?
- Evaluating information found on the web
The Library subscribes to various online databases covering many subjects. With your DEC username and password you can access journal articles, standards, eBooks and streamed videos.
Training is provided on how to search these databases effectively to find information relevant to your needs.
Contact the library to book a session or discuss your library training needs.