The Randwick TAFE library provides study space, computers (PCs and MACs) and photocopiers/printers for your convenience.
On this page
Computers and internet access is provided to currently enrolled students. There are:
- 14 PCs and one MAC in the main library
- 14 PCs in the Library Flexible Learning Centre (FLC)
- 4 catalogue PCs.
All the computers are connected to:
- the internet – access using your DEC username and password.
- printers, except the MAC.
Wifi – wireless internet access is available. Log in using your DEC username and password.
The Online Communication Services – TAFE NSW Code of Expected User Behaviour (PDF 40KB) applies to all users of TAFE NSW computer networks.
The following software programs are available on our computers:
- Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Library)
- Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6 in (Library FLC)
- Microsoft Office
- Dragon naturally Speaking (Speech recognition software)
- Zoomtext (Visual aid software)
- MS Project
- Software for SONY and Kobo e-readers
A variety of photocopying and printing options are available:
- Black and white, and colour photocopying and printing are available.
- A4, A3 sized paper
- Free scanning to email
- Add money to your registered TAFEcard to photocopy and print. Facilities are available to add money to your card; however the library does not provide change.
Wifi printing is available on campus. See the Sydney TAFE library wifi printing guide for details.
Come and relax on our comfortable furniture and play a board game.
There are various board games available:
- Jigsaw puzzle
This room seats up to 6-8 people and is equipped with a whiteboard and a digital flat screen with built-in DVD player. The flat screen can be connected to laptops and cameras. The room may be booked for up to two hours.
Spaces for watching DVDs and videos:
- There is a comfortable group sitting area that accommodates up to 10 people.
- Cordless sound receivers for everyone within the group
- Separate viewing area with flat screen and DVD/video player
- Quiet study area.
The ergonomic station has a height adjustable table with an ergonomic chair and a big screen as a PC monitor.
Software on the station includes Dragon naturally speaking (Speech recognition software) and Zoomtext (Visual aid software).
Available for loan:
- Laptops and netbook
- Belkin GoStudio
- Portable DVD player
- CD/cassette players
- Cassette players/recorders
- Mobile phone chargers
- 3D glasses (used with Dental database)
To help you in your studies:
- Fitness test kit
- Flexible spine model
- Human jaw with teeth
- Skeleton model.