Fully subsidised courses
You can study a fully government subsidised course at Sydney TAFE, which means the government will pay your fees for you.
Provided you meet the eligibility criteria, you can study one of the courses listed on this page without paying any course tuition fees.
These courses are part of a Smart and Skilled program called ‘Targeted Priorities Prevocational and Part Qualifications’ and aim to help you develop the skills you need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new career.
Get a taste of a trade, an advantage in your apprenticeship or traineeship, or a career head-start. And when you’ve completed your course, you may even be able to get credit towards a full qualification if you continue on that pathway.
To enrol in a fully government subsidised course you must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- have completed year 10 (or its equivalent)
- have left or be eligible to leave school
- have a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- be living or working in NSW, and
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or New Zealand citizen.
If you’re under 17 please contact us first before enrolling.
Click a course below to find out more information such as the subjects you will study and an indicative timetable.
Got questions? Need help?
Sign up for info
Enter your details below to sign up for emails about courses, careers, and events.