TAFE Statement in Cybersecurity (Essentials)
Cybersecurity (Essentials) course details
Course description and aims
Cybersecurity Essentials covers foundation knowledge and essentials skills in all security domains in the cyber world - information security, systems security, network security, mobile security, physical security, ethics and laws, related technologies, defence and mitigation techniques use in protecting businesses.
Upon completion of this Cybersecurity Essentials course, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
* Describe the characteristics of criminals and professionals in the cybersecurity realm.
* Describe the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they relate to data states and cybersecurity countermeasures.
* Describe the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber criminals.
* Describe how technologies, products and procedures are used to protect confidentiality.
* Describe how technologies, products and procedures are used to ensure integrity.
* Describe how technologies, products, and procedures provide high availability.
* Explain how cybersecurity professionals use technologies, processes and procedures to defend all components of the network.
Explain the purpose of laws related to cybersecurity.
Completing Cybersecurity (Essentials) will contribute 32 hours of NESA Registered Professional Development addressing 6.2.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Course outcomes and careers
Enrol at any location
You will need to attend 8 hours of class over 1 day per week for 4 weeks. Indicative timetable: Saturday 9:00am to 12:30pm and 1:00pm to 5:30pm.
Find out more about applying and enrolling: http://www.sydneytafe.edu.au/courses/applying-and-enrolling
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Fees, payment and refunds: http://www.sydneytafe.edu.au/courses/fees-and-charges
Financial assistance: http://www.sydneytafe.edu.au/courses/financial-assistance
|Number||Subject name||Nominal hours|