TAFE Statement in Cybersecurity (Introduction)
Cybersecurity (Introduction) course details
Course description and aims
This course will introduce the basics of being safe online, an essential skill in todayÂ’s world and understand the variety of threats and attacks, and how individuals and organisations can protect themselves
Introduction to Cybersecurity covers cyber trends, threats and staying safe in cyberspace, protecting personal and company data. It provides awareness of career opportunities in the field of cybersecurity.
* Learn the need for and importance of cybersecurity.
* Understand the characteristics and value of personal data, and data within an organization.
* Recognise the characteristics and operation of a cyber-attack.
* Interpret the trends in the cyber threat landscape.
* Understand how to protect devices from threats.
* Master how to safeguard your privacy.
* Learn techniques to protect organizations from cyber-attacks.
* Recognise the behaviour-based approach to cybersecurity.
This course will provide you with basic understanding of the concept of cybersecurity.
Completing Cybersecurity (Introduction) will contribute 16 hours of NESA Registered Professional Development addressing 6.2.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Course outcomes and careers
Enrol at any location
You will need to attend 8 hours of class over 1 day per week for 2 weeks. Indicative timetable: Saturday 9:00am to 12:30pm and 1:00pm to 5:30pm.
Find out more about applying and enrolling: http://www.sydneytafe.edu.au/courses/applying-and-enrolling
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Fees, payment and refunds: http://www.sydneytafe.edu.au/courses/fees-and-charges
Financial assistance: http://www.sydneytafe.edu.au/courses/financial-assistance
|Number||Subject name||Nominal hours|