Sport & Recreation
Turn your active lifestyle into a career
- There are 22,800 fitness instructors, 11,500 fitness and sport centre management, 9,500 sportspersons and 27,500 coaches, sporting instructors and officials working in Australia
- Job prospects are average for these occupations with moderate growth forecasted, with exception for fitness instructors where strong growth is expected over the next five years
- Average weekly earnings range from $700 for sportspersons to $350 for fitness instructors and $175 for sports coaches, instructors and officials. Fitness and sport centre managers earn on average $900 per week
Why study with us?
- Learn to coach, supervise and manage individuals and teams as well as conduct sports and recreation activities and programs
- Train with the latest equipment in courses closely developed with industry: and enjoy on-site training gyms and sporting facilities
- Study under industry experts and gain practical work experience in simulated learning environments
- Depending on your course, you could experience a range of outdoor activities including abseiling, climbing, kayaking and mountain biking
Your skills and interests
- Enjoy keeping fit and healthy and want to make a career out of it?
- Are you a hands-on person who prefers being active to sitting at a desk?
- Do you enjoy the great outdoors?
- Do you like to help people reach their goals?
- Do you enjoy organising and supervising groups?
- Like a career with flexible hours and the opportunity to work for yourself?
Your career options
- Personal trainer
- Fitness instructor
- Outdoor adventure leader
- Activity guide
- Eco-interpretive guide
- Recreation officer
- Fitness centre manager
- Fitness trainer specialising in group or personal training
- Supervisors of sporting organisations / facilities
- Sport and recreation planners
- Sports marketing managers
- Trainee in sport and recreation
- Assistant managers of sporting organisations / facilities